- Home › Centenary › Trust › Teachers Endowment
Our greatest resource is our teachers. They are the custodians of our school’s traditions and history, and it is through their passion and focus that excellence is achieved.
- It is critical that we continue to attract outstanding teachers, representing the cultural diversity of South Africa, and that we ensure that we offer them the opportunity for growth and development.
- Teacher sourcing, training, accommodation, retaining and retirement planning are all important areas in which to invest.
- The aim of the endowment is to develop the means and the structure to support staff, and to assist them in further personal and professional development.
- This includes allowing staff to take a sabbatical after a certain number of teaching years, and, when they retire, providing them with proper financial support.